AW: Question Update Java Security Updates

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Wed Mar 9 17:24:56 UTC 2011

Greg Lewis wrote:
>> I'm not an expert in all the java ports, but if I compare the versions of
>> the different ports, then yes, openjdk is the most current java in ports.
>
> Agreed, we should probably switch the default JDK to openjdk6.

Really, even considering the large number of security issues openjdk has
had and is expected to continue to having for the foreseeable future?

Sounds like a recipe for pain among FreeBSD default JDK users or at least
those whose primary criteria for a JDK are compatibility and security.

OTOH some of that pain may be eased by the facilitated build process.

IMO,
Roger Marquis