[circumvention] Re: Build failure for java/icedtea-web (stable/8 @r223930)

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed Jul 13 18:29:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 02:13:34PM -0400, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
> > > What I did was:
> > >
> > > * pkg_delete -f openjdk-7.0.147_1 * cd
> > > /usr/ports/java/icedtea-web * make clean install clean * cd
> > > ../openjdk7 * make clean install clean
> > >
> > > A bit cumbersome, but everything installed, at least.  And
> > > Firefox claims that I have various IcedTea-flavored Java plugins
> > > available, while the Airport configurator (which uses openjdk7)
> > > appears to work.
> >
> > Maybe Jung-uk can suggest some better approach for the icedtea-web
> > port in this environment.
>
> Sorry, it's my fault.  Please try the attached patch.

OK; I think it worked (well).  Here's what I did:

* pushd /usr/ports/java/icedtea-web/
* patch -C </tmp/icedtea-web.diff
* patch < /tmp/icedtea-web.diff
* make deinstall
* make clean install clean

Please note that I had both openjdk6-b23 & openjdk-7.0.147_1 installed
at the time.

(I'm trying to get a Java-using Web-based application to work, after
doing the above, then exiting and re-starting Firefox, and I get a
pop-up that says "You have chosen to open launchKVMjnlp.do which is a:
do File..."  Previously, I thought it had merely launched the
application, but perhaps I'm confused.)

In any case, I believe the issue with java/icedtea-web not playing nice
with openjdk-7.0.147_1 is resolved by your recent patch -- thanks!

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.