Problems with tzupdater dependency in BSD Java ports

Barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Tue Dec 27 08:29:25 UTC 2011

>Hello,
>
>As you may know, the Java ports for FreeBSD require the user, for licensing
restrictions, to fetch several dependencies manually, namely the JDK DST
Timezone Update Tool and a file called diablo-jdk. The port depends on version
tzupdater-1_3_42, however this file is out of date with respect to the download
link that the port displays in the error message when make fails, for example
when make installing in ports/java/openjdk6. http://www.oracle.
com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html does not have the old version
(its on 1.3.45 now).
>I was able to find the old tzupdater on a sketchy third party site, but it
might be wise to change the port to depend on the new version of tzupdater.
>Mitchell Vogel, Cornell C'2015

Maybe you just have to update your ports tree:
$ grep tzupdater /usr/ports/java/diablo-jdk16/distinfo
SHA256 (tzupdater-1_3_45-2011n.zip) =
c0894921dd6b440b4c99daf2e139d3d240012ed09e602b3101bfcc9fac394b0f
SIZE (tzupdater-1_3_45-2011n.zip) = 468717

Cheers
Barbara