FF 3.6+ Applets and the right JDK

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Mon Sep 27 21:33:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 04:08:49 +0200, Aryeh Friedman
<aryeh.friedman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I currently use java/diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_9,
> www/linux-f10-flashplugin-10.1r53 and www/firefox-3.5.11,1 for both
> personal and professional browsing on 8.1-STABLE... except for the
> occasional npviewer hiccup it seems to work fine... I want to upgrade
> to the latest JDK, flash and firefox possible... note since I do
> applet development (my main jdk for doing the actual compiling is
> 1.6u21 on a cloud Gentoo server)... I want to update both the local
> and server jdk's but the server side has given us problems with
> generics in some rare cases (we have some very complex type
> parameterizations in one of our core libs)... what do people recommend
> interms of far I can upgrade stuff (I would preffer openjdk 1.6,
> latest ff and latest flash if possible)

If you are developing applets the server side Java version doesn't matter
as applets run client side in the browser? And what has flash to do with
the applets?

In fact you are asking a lot of questions in one long sentence.

In another fact... if it works don't upgrade if there is no reason for it.
(But this probably is not what you wanted to hear)

Ronald.