IcedTea6 Mozilla plugin with OpenJDK6

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Tue Sep 14 07:05:42 UTC 2010

=CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 Monday 13 September 2010 20:54:21 =CE=BF/=CE=B7 Ju=
ng-uk Kim =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:
> On Friday 10 September 2010 07:32 pm, Ivan Voras wrote:

> > > Probably you want to test it locally:
> > >
> > > file:///usr/local/openjdk6/demo/applets/ArcTest/example1.html
> >
> > Yes, the local copy works. So it is just failing to load applets
> > over the network? Could this be some convoluted Java security
> > problem?
>=20
> I believe it just timed out for your environment.  In fact, there is a=20
> reverse problem, i.e., some applets do not work locally when they=20
> want to open local files. =20

Is that how it is supposed to be? applets work in the sandbox, and by defau=
lt
they are denied access to any local resource.
I remember i had to sign applets in order for them to be able to browse loc=
al directories.
And then the (self produced) certificate should be accepted by the client (=
browser).