this is probably a little touchy to ask...

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Mon Sep 13 08:05:12 UTC 2010

The interesting thing is that on parallel with this thread (before it was ruined), was running another thread
where people (port creators/users) were discussing about their experience with the new icedtea plugin,
which seems to run equally well on FreeBSD as in Ubuntu/Linux.

Στις Saturday 11 September 2010 04:45:48 ο/η Nicklas Johnson έγραψε:
> This has turned into, without a doubt, the most retarded thread I've read in
> eons.
[snip]

>    Nick

> > Jason> Java is not just for browsers.
> >
> > Indeed.  And I still stand by my statement.
> >
> > Java makes everyone equally incompetent, which is why managers like it.
> > It helps the beginner, hurts the advanced.  Managers can swap
> > programmers in and out strictly on head count, not on experience.
> >
> > Friends don't let friends make greenstarts with Java.
> >
> > --
> > Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
> > <merlyn at stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
> > Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
> > See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside
> > discussion

Achilleas Mantzios