freebsd + netbeans 6.9 + openjdk6

Achilleas Mantzios achill at matrix.gatewaynet.com
Tue Sep 7 15:01:51 UTC 2010

if i was in your shoes i would try with openjdk7, then independently of the result
i'd file a bug report to the openjdk6 hackers having the FreeBSD openjdk6 maintainer a proxy.
(now that i look at it the openjdk6 maintainer is this list ;-)

Στις Tuesday 07 September 2010 17:51:56 ο/η Giulio Ferro έγραψε:

> Original generic zip from netbeans site...
>
> > it craches for me as well. just looked a little bit to hs_err_pidxxx.log and gdb /path/to/java java.core to no avail
> > it puzzles me if this bug should be treated as openjdk/freebsd/netbeans related or all of the above...
>
> I suspected that... :-(
>

> > What does your system do with the official netbeans 6.8?
> >

> Works good with diablo. Didn't try it with openjdk
> I couldn't make 6.9 with any version of java 6 in freebsd (sun, diablo,
> openjdk)
>
> Actually I've switched to ubuntu for development... :-(

Achilleas Mantzios