diablo-jdk1.5.0 needs rebuild due to removal of KSE?

Steven Friedrich freebsd at insightbb.com
Tue Jan 12 23:51:49 UTC 2010

I have diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_17 Java Development Kit 1.5.0_07.01 installed,
but that doesn't appear to satisfy openoffice-3, so I tried to install
jdk-1.6.0.3p4_13, but it failed with:

Fatal error 'kse_create() failed
' at line 469 in file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_kern.c (errno = 2)
*** An XSLT processor (J2SE 1.4.x or newer) is required to bootstrap this
build

% /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/bin/java -version
Fatal error 'kse_create() failed
' at line 469 in file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_kern.c (errno = 2)

I think I have recently read that KSE has been finally removed from FreeBSD
8.0R

Do I need to rebuild this port, due to that?