/usr/ports/net/pptpclient

Nicklas Johnson freebsd at spatula.net
Tue Dec 14 18:09:06 UTC 2010

This list is for discussion of the various Java ports on FreeBSD.  I don't
think it is the correct place for your question about establishing a VPN
connection.

I suggest trying freebsd-questions at freebsd.org instead.

   Nick

On 14 December 2010 08:56, Mike Sabroff <msabroff at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I hope this is the correct place to ask about this port.
>
> I am trying to get a VPN connection to the office and after googleing, it
> looked like this would be a good choice for FreeBSD.
>
> I am running 7.3-RELEASE FreeBSD. I had no problem building or installing,
> in fact it was fast and sweet!
>
> I followed some documentation I found on the setup and modifying the
> /etc/resolve.conf file and all went fine until I ran the script to invoke
> pptp and when it ran I got an error message stating basically that
> /usr/bin/ip was an unknown command.
>
> ip is a linux command but doesn't seem to be part of a default freebsd
> system.
>
> My question is....What if any is the equivalent of ip on freebsd or which
> port would I install to get ip or it's equivalent?
>
> --
> Mike Sabroff
> msabroff at sbcglobal.net
> 608-516-1801 - Cell
>

> --
> Mike Sabroff
> msabroff at sbcglobal.net
> 608-516-1801 - Cell

"Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being
afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."
   -- Doctor Who - Planet of the Daleks
This message has been brought to you by Nick Johnson 2.3b1 and the number 6.
<http://healerNick.com/> <http://spatula.net/>