status of various JDK/SDK ports?

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 11 16:10:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

While building java/ on QAT, I see a lot of ports failing to fetch or
requiring manual fetch (sigh). I also see a lot of versions for the
same thing, some of them very old.

I'm on a killing spree WRT these ports, most notably
java/linux-sun-?dk??

If you care about them, please update them to the latest release or at
least point the users to a download URL that doesn't require 30 minutes
of digging on that site.

Also, enter the names of the java@ members at
http://wiki.freebsd.org/PortsTeams (please look at the other teams
entries for what should be there; if you already have a wiki page or
some other resource you can link it, but at minimum it should contain
the list of people behind java@).

For your reference, portmgr@ asked this almost a year ago, an I'm about
to wave the cattle prod about his.

> Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:28:22 +0200
> From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu at FreeBSD.org>
> To: ports-developers at FreeBSD.org, portmgr at FreeBSD.org
>

> Hi,
>

> portmgr@ would like to ask the members of various teams to document on
> the wiki.FreeBSD.org the membership of their respective teams inside at
> most two weeks. This applies both to alias (something at FreeBSd.org) and
> mailing list (some-ml at FreeBSD.org) maintainers.
>
> The reason is very simple: outside "knowing it all" capability which at
> least some of us do not posses :) no one has any dependable way of
> knowing who's who and who to contact. Please keep this list up-to-date
> in the future.
>
> The recent thread on ports-developers@ has shown that our users, you
> and us need to know who to contact WRT policies, suggestions and
> potential problems.
> I'm sure all of us have had enough experiences with call call-centers
> and "support at some.thing" to know how nice is to be able to know some
> real faces besides impersonal things.
>
> Please list in that wiki page the string that appears in the MAINTAINER
> field of the Makefiles of the ports you oversee, so that a search on the
> wiki returns something.
>
> At minimum, you should list the mail address and the emails of the
> committers in the team. Of course, the team membership is to restricted
> to committers.
>
> Example:
>
> team-alias@   (this corresponds to a mail alias team-alias at FreeBSD.org
> 					or mailinglist at FreeBSD.org)
> Members:
> committer1@
> committer2@
> committer3@
> user1 at explample.com
> user2 at explample.org
>

> Thanks for helping make FreeBSD better and easier  :)

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B