Eclipse libxul patch

Stefan Farfeleder stefanf at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 8 22:40:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

I rebuilt Eclipse today and it failed to start with the error:

"java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3557 or swt-gtk in swt.library.path, java.library.path or the jar file"

Then I noticed that there was this error during the Eclipse build:

     [exec] c++ -o xpcomxul.o -O -DSWT_VERSION=3557 -DMOZILLA_STRICT_API=1 -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fPIC -I. -I/usr/local/jdk1.6.0/include -I/usr/local/jdk1.6.0/include/freebsd  -DNO__1NS_1InitXPCOM2  -c xpcom.cpp
     [exec] In file included from xpcom_structs.h:12,
     [exec]                  from xpcom.cpp:13:
     [exec] xpcom.h:18:21: error: nsXPCOM.h: No such file or directory
[...]

For some reason the build continued despite the error and apparently
caused the run-time failure.

The error seems to lie in freebsd-support.patch where the package name
libxul-unstable is used instead of libxul, causing the include paths to
be missing. The attached patch results in a working Eclipse for me.

Cheers,
Stefan