Problem with java plugin and firefox

Narciso Martínez Malnero narcotico at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 16:01:27 UTC 2010

Hello.

I’d installed firefox 3.5.9, then javavmwrapper from ports with make install
clean.

After that, I’d downloaded Diablo jre 1.6 amd64, I’d put it in
/usr/ports/distfiles and I’d installed from /usr/ports/java/Diablo-jre16
with make config install clean (turn off tzupdater).

I’d created a link “ln -s
/usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so \

  $HOME/.mozilla/plugins/” , like the handbook says.

I’ve looking for and looking for but all things that I’ve tried don’t work:
I don’t get to display the java plugin in firefox with about:plugins.

What is the problem or solution?

Thanks a lot.