openJava6 ugly fonts

Zsolt Kúti la.tinca at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 17:08:01 UTC 2009

Hello,

The fonts configuration that comes with 1.6.0_03-p4 looks fine. A
freshly installed openJava6 however partly displays ugly looking fonts
(netbeans, IDEA shows the same sympthoms).

I tried to dig some information on java font propertiesconfiguration:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/intl/fontconfig.html
From that I thought that copying fontconfig.bfc from 1.6.0_03-p4 will
do the job. It is not. I tried also to copy fontconfig.properties.src
as fontconfig.properties (putting aside *.bfc). It did not helped
either.

Can someone shed light on how to reconstruct the "original"
lookout of fonts? It would be nice to have them as default config, too.

Thanks
Zsolt