openjdk6-b17 Pre Release 2

Stephen McKay smckay at internode.on.net
Fri Nov 6 11:51:35 UTC 2009

On Friday, 6th November 2009, Stephen McKay wrote:

>So, summing up, I'm using an old Font2DTest (which may have bugs or
>may be exposing a genuine bug in openjdk6)...

Ignore this bit.  Turns out the old Font2DTest simply specifies an
initial geometry that is too small to fit everything in.  Another
few pixels wider and everything fits.  Because... tada! the change
to DejaVu makes the default font a little wider and it won't all
fit in the space reserved back in 2002.

So, real issues with openjdk6 are limited to antialiasing and the
quality thereof.  Over to the experts...

Cheers,

Stephen.