Bad checksum problem building jdk17 on 7.2-R

Joshua Tinnin krinklyfig at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:26:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 06:47:00PM -0700, Greg Lewis wrote:
> Which means that the download is clearly corrupted.  I was just able to
> download it and the checksum was fine.  So, you're probably just running
> out of diskspace or something similar during the download.  Check the
> size of what you downloaded.

No, here's the slice where it's downloading to with 137G free:

/dev/ad4s1f    175G     24G    137G    15%    /usr

> > Where can I find a valid source file? I've been trying to build this for
> > days and am about ready to call it quits. Am spending far too much time
> > trying to chase down issues and my work is suffering.
>
> I don't know anywhere other than Sun where you can get this from.  You
> could also use diablo-jdk16 or openjdk6 instead, but you'll also need
> to download stuff for either of those, so you're going to have to work
> out your download problems one way or another.

Well, this is strange, because no other downloads have this issue,
including diablo-jdk16, and I update my ports nearly every day. I'm
not really sure why that one would be a problem, or why it would
consistently download the same size file several times which fails the
checksum each time. I don't have enough time to investigate further at
the moment, but will try again when I have time. Thanks for the help.

- jt