Problems with PL/JAVA and FreeBSD

motum hesa motums at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 19:51:38 UTC 2009

Hi, I have a problem install pl/java, first I had Diablo-JDK1.6 in
some place I read that pl/java don't support JDK1.6 and now I have
diablo-jdk1.5 but the problems continue, after found solution to some
problems, I now obtain this:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library
"/usr/motum/pljava/pljava.so": dlopen (/usr/motum/pljava/pljava.so)
failed: /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.6.0/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so:
version SUNWprivate_1.1 required by /usr/motum/pljava/pljava.so not
defined

Somebody say me that I need the JDK1.5 from Sun but I can't install
the port quickly, but if somebody say me that it's the solution, I'm
going to install again..  If somebody had installed pl/java in freebsd
for postgres 8.2.. give me indications, please...

greetings..

Motum Hesa