java/141919: Serious remote vulnerability in the JRE

Brian Gardner openjdk at getsnappy.com
Mon Dec 28 07:50:05 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR java/141919; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brian Gardner <openjdk at getsnappy.com>
To: Romain Dalmaso <artefact2 at gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: java/141919: Serious remote vulnerability in the JRE
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 23:46:23 -0800

 I believe openjdk6-b17  fixes the problem.  I haven't released it yet,
 although it's been tested and it's ready to ship.  I'll try and get it
 committed later this week.  The latest version of the port and
 instructions are available for test from here:

 http://www.getsnappy.com/tech-blog/freebsd-tips-tricks/upgrading-freebsd-port-java-openjdk6-from-b16-to-b17/

 It sounds like the openjdk community  will be releasing b18 shortly
 which I believe also includes some security fixes.