separate out tzdata port/package

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Tue Nov 18 03:34:29 PST 2008

on 10/11/2008 00:35 Greg Lewis said the following:
> A possible alternative is to not install zoneinfo files for any of the JDKs
> but instead create symlinks to a centrally created set of zoneinfo files
> created by the tzupdater port you're suggesting.

Greg,

this is a great idea - tzupdater.jar seems to contain tzdata*.zip file
that in turn contains actual "javazi" files.
Maybe, having control over source for freebsd javas, we could tweak java
to [first] look into /usr/local/share/javazi (or something like that)
instead of creating symlinks.

--
Andriy Gapon