Is JNI (Java Native Interface) Known to Work in Both Directions on FreeBSD (to invoke the JVM from native software)?

Nick Johnson freebsd at spatula.net
Sat Mar 29 07:53:54 PDT 2008

Yeah, it works.  Take a look at jsvc that ships with Tomcat 6.  It binds
to a port, drops root permission and creates a JVM and does back and forth
communication with Tomcat.

   Nick

--
"Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being
 afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."