Java on 8-CURRENT

Xin LI delphij at delphij.net
Mon Mar 24 14:19:59 PDT 2008

Jens Schweikhardt wrote:
> hello, world\n
>
> in the past I have installed java via java/diablo-jdk15 to bootstrap
> java/jdk15. This no longer works on 8-CURRENT because diablo-jdk15
> contains system calls to kse_create(), but 8-CURRENT does no longer
> support kernel option KSE.
>
> What is a possible way to compile a recent java implementation on
> 8-CURRENT?

Please read src/UPDATING:

20080312:
         Support for KSE threading has been removed from the kernel.  To
         run legacy applications linked against KSE libmap.conf may
         be used.  The following libmap.conf may be used to ensure
         compatibility with any prior release:

         libpthread.so.1 libthr.so.1
         libpthread.so.2 libthr.so.2
         libkse.so.3 libthr.so.3

For this case I think the second line which maps libpthread.so.2 to
libthr.so.2 would be sufficient to solve the problem.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!