Netbeans 6.1, no profiler...

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky bofh at redwerk.com
Sun Jul 13 14:08:52 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 09:50:33PM +1000, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> hi everyone,
> I'm running latest netbeans, jdk1.5 and jdk.1.6 ports, defaulting to 1.6, on
> 7-STABLE (kernel +world from yesterday)	. When I launch netbeans, i'm
> welcomed with this msg:
>
> -----
> Failed to initialize the Profiler engine: Problem with a required JFluid
> installation directory or file
> /usr/local/netbeans/profiler3/lib/deployed/jdk15/solaris
>
> Original message: File does not exist.
> -----
>
> One of the reasons I'm interested in testing netbeans vs Eclipse is the
> built in profiler. What is needed to get it to work ?

You may find it interesting to read the thread I started some time ago

http://www.nabble.com/NetBeans-6.1-Profiler%2C-Sun-JDK-1.5-1.6-td17274121.html

I was not able to get it work, however may be with recent patches for JDK 1.5
and 1.6 it will work? Could you please give it a try if possible, and let me
know was you able to get the profiler in NetBeans working?

BTW I was never able to get the profiler in Eclipse 3.3.2 to work under
FreeBSD 6.3 and 7.0 with JDK 1.6 - it just crashes :(

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky