Problems with jdk 1.3 and bsd.java.mk?

Kris Kennaway kris at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 3 09:49:08 UTC 2008

Hi,

In testing my index build optimizations the following ports failed:

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.8.20080630222405/shujit-0.8.0_2.log
http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/e.8.20080630222405/javadc-0.20_2.log

javadc-0.20_2: Makefile error: "" is not a valid value for JAVA_VENDOR.
It should be one or more of: freebsd bsdjava sun blackdown

Indeed, JAVA_VENDOR is set to "" -- but this is also true with the CVS
version of bsd.java.mk as well.  It looks like there is a bug in the
detection of this though, because the check-makevars target passes.

Can someone please take a look at these two ports and determine if there
is a problem in the port makefiles, or in the existing bsd.java.mk
logic?  If I have fixed a bug accidentally then I won't mind, but I
would prefer not to have regressed something that is currently working :)

Kris