Java JDK 1.6p4 and Azureus

Nick Johnson freebsd at spatula.net
Sun Feb 24 16:43:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008, Andrey Slusar wrote:

> >  I've tried both suggestions given (recompile kernel without IPv6
> >  support) and adding -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true without any
> >  difference. Azureus still connects to peers/seeds without any issues but
> >  doesnt download any pieces. Taking a stock kernel and adding IPv6
> >  support to Java 1.6 gives this error message.
>
>[snip]
>
>  On my RELENG_7 I386 this problem is reproduce too. In kernel ipv6 is
> not found, when i'm run azureus with -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true,
> azureus is not download/upload - 0% for all torrents.

If you send a kill -3 to the running Java process while it's in this hung
state, does it give you any interesting information (to stderr) about
where the running threads are stuck?

Most of the threads you'll see in the thread dump will be either asleep or
waiting on a condition, but it would be interesting to see if any are
blocked on something networky.  That might help isolate the actual call or
calls getting stuck.

In some cases a kdump to see what syscalls are being executed will help as
well.  Something like ktrace -di -t ci java whatever.classname.Mainclass
and then let it run until it gets hung, ktrace -C or kill the process.
Then kdump should show you what was going on with system calls and IO
during the time it was hung.

   Nick

--
"Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being
 afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."