Java JDK 1.6p4 and Azureus

Nick Johnson freebsd at spatula.net
Sun Feb 24 01:55:36 UTC 2008

You can also try adding -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true to the JVM command
line arguments.

  Nick

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Joe Kelsey wrote:

> Azureus experiences the typical Java problem.  I could not get anything to
> happen for quite some time until I realized that the Java runtime was spending
> all of its time waiting for something to happen in the IPv6 connections it was
> trying to open.  I had to completely remove IPv6 from the kernel.  Once I did
> that, Azureus magically started working.
>
> There is something major broken in the Java runtime hwich causes everything to
> stop whenever you try to open an IPv6 connection.  Remove IPV6 from the
> kernel, and everything works.  When and if you ever get real IPv6 connections
> in your machine, things might actualy work.  For now, just remove it and move
> on.
>
> /Joe

"Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being
 afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."
   Doctor Who - Planet of the Daleks
This message has been brought to you by Nick Johnson 2.3b1 and the number 6.
http://healerNick.com/       http://morons.org/        http://spatula.net/