java/120959: sablevm-classpath did not build/install from ports

Björn König bkoenig at alpha-tierchen.de
Fri Feb 22 09:10:03 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR java/120959; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig at alpha-tierchen.de>
To: areilly at bigpond.net.au
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: java/120959: sablevm-classpath did not build/install from ports
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:00:27 +0100 (CET)

 Hello,

 the problem is known to me. It happens if archivers/zip is installed. Here
 is a quick workaround: execute pkg_delete zip\* and 'make clean install'
 for java/sablevm-classpath again.

 The background is that sablevm-classpath tries to create a zip archive of
 the whole class library if zip is available. Now you have a zip archive in
 /usr/local/share/sablevm-classpath which is not listed in pkg-plist.

 Your explanation regarding the shell is correct, it's a bashism. Fixing
 the Makefile is already on my to-do list. I'll submit a patch soon.

 Björn