glassfish v2 on FreBSD 7

Tommy Pham tommyhp2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 14:44:02 PST 2008

--- Doug Poland <doug at polands.org> wrote:

> Tommy Pham wrote:
> > Doug Poland <doug at polands.org> wrote:

> >> yup
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Doug
> >>
>  > Hi Doug,
>  >
>  > Thanks for the reply.
>  > Do you have any problems with starting after initial startup such
> as
>  > delayed start?
>  >
> No, haven't had that issue, starts in 5-10 seconds on my laptop
>
>  > Recording of the PID in
>  > <glassfish_root>/domains/domain1/config/.__com_sun_appserv_pid?
>  >
> That's what I have as well
>
>  > Did you build it inside jail environment?
>  >
> nope
>
>  > I've also successfully build it on FreeBSD in both jail and
> non-jail
>  > environment.  The initial startup is OK (within 40 seconds) but
> every
>  > other startup there after takes very long (like 5 minutes).  Also,
> the
>  > PID is recorded as -1 in pid file...
>  >
> perhaps a DNS issue?

I can ping the host name and perform nslookup (both IP and host name)
ok which I didn't think it was a DNS issue.

>  > I've tried this in both i386 and amd64 platform for a few weeks
> now to
>  > see what's the cause and I can't seem to find the problem.
>  >
> Have you checked the app server log file?  Which jdk are you running
> it
> with?

I was only able to build SJSAS91 branches with java/jdk15 port.
java/diablo-jdk15 failed because of missing sunpkcs11.jar in the
jre/lib/ext.  As for java/jdk16 failed at maven build stage.
I did check the log file and that's the problem.  The delayed process
isn't logged to file.  When the logging started, everything comes up
within 30 seconds or so.  After the glassfish startup is completed, I
can log into the web console OK.  However if I do 'asadmin
list-domains' or 'asadmin stop-domain', it saids that no domain is
running.  When I tried to shutdown from the web console, it doesn't
shutdown properly.

Thanks,
Tommy