Host for jdk16 distfiles?

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Fri Dec 26 06:30:28 UTC 2008

G'day all,

As you may have noticed, Sun have removed the source files for Update 3.

I will contact Sun about this, but I expect they may well suggest we should
just switch to OpenJDK 6 and they have no plans for more JRL source
releases.  While thats going on, we have two alternatives as I see it:

1. Someone could volunteer to host the source files.  To comply with the
   JRL you need to implement some kind of click through to have people
   retrieve them.  I think this rules out me hosting them on the public
   FreeBSD pages.

2. I could release a quick patchset which is essentially unchanged except
   that I do a diff against an earlier source release (which I notice are
   still available).  The patchset would include the changes to bring that
   source code up to Update 3, so it wouldn't matter what the source
   version was.

Comments?  Volunteers?
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com