java and context menu

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Sun Aug 24 09:13:07 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 03:20:00AM +0000, Andy Rozman wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I am using java 1.6 and have problem with context menu. I am using KDE4,
> so I am not exactly sure, if problem lies with KDE4 or with jdk1.6 (I am
> using latest patchset - 4).
>
> Could someone please verify this for me? This works fine on windows. I
> have switched my development platform and I am running into such "small"
> problems...

If you're talking about implementing MouseListener and maybe showing the
a pop-up context menu, the recommended method is to check on
MouseEvent.isPopupTrigger() for MouseListener.mouseClicked(),
mousePressed() and mouseReleased(). It's all to do between Swing
implementations differences between Windows and UNIX.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>