Which Java Freebsd 7.0

Kees Jan Koster kjkoster at kjkoster.org
Mon Aug 18 17:52:24 UTC 2008

Dear Sharkie,

> I believe my machine is running Libthr.
>
> Should I either install
>
> 1) Install linux-sun-jdk16 from ports
> 2) Install Diablo from ports
> 3) Download Diablo as binary
>
> Do these choices make any difference? I need the best performance
> possible.

I doubt it makes much of a difference, although threading performance
may be different. I use the native port for all of my work.  Perhaps
you can just install all of them and do a quick benchmark? If there is
a serious difference between these, it should show up.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster at kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe
so full of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry
Partchett