How to increase java heap size

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky bofh at redwerk.com
Thu Aug 7 13:39:05 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 03:03:23PM +0300, thadeo.mutta at lafarge-tz.lafarge.com wrote:

> Hello.
> Please help as I am getting error message at my SQL server complaining on
> java.lang.outofMemory

Please find out where the java process is started in scripts, then search for
lines like "-Xms" (minimal memory size) "-Xmx" (maximal memory size) and tune it.
For example, to grant 256MB of heap to Java use -Xmx256m. If you will not find any
of these options, just find where the java executable is defined in scripts and then
append the -Xmx right after the executable name to tell Java the new value for heap
size.

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky