jdk15/javaws on amd64

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Apr 19 07:29:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:00:04PM -0700, Greg Lewis wrote:
>> I've tried building a simple test using:
>> cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -march=nocona  -DDMEM  foo.c  -o foo
>> and the code is compiled correctly (actually, the generated code is
>> basically identical except it correctly uses 64-bit moves).  I'm still
>> investigating what has gone wrong.
>
>Saw your later posting about it being the prototype for sysGetjarLib.

Sorry for the delay in following up.  I've written some patches that
seem to mostly fix javaws on amd64 (at least for me).  I've posted
them in ports/122904.  When I try using our management GUI app at
work, javaws is still using a nonsense pathname component when locally
caching the files but the pathname is consistent so the caching does
work.  I need to investigate this further at work.

--
Peter Jeremy