java in FreeBSD 7.0

Jacob Maynard Jacob.Maynard at citrix.com
Thu Apr 10 12:34:13 UTC 2008

Peter,

You're confusion probably stems from the fact that I was not the
original owner of this thread. I jumped in after you had answered the
previous persons question as it seemed to be generally the same issue I
was having. Below are the outputs of uname and java -version

FreeBSD# java -version
java version "1.5.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
diablo-1.5.0-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build diablo-1.5.0_07-b01, mixed mode)

FreeBSD# uname -a
FreeBSD FreeBSD.maynard.local 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun
Feb 24 19:59:52 UTC 2008
root at logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Also, I burned the ports tree to disk from the installation media at one
of the ftp mirrors. I have successfully used the same media to install
java on another machine I have at work and had no problems. The work
machine was the same architecture as this box at home. Anyway, let me
know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Jake Maynard
Escalation Engineer