java/122513: native JDKs unbuildable with Linux ones

Mikhail T. mi at aldan.algebra.com
Sun Apr 6 20:00:13 UTC 2008

>Number:         122513
>Category:       java
>Synopsis:       native JDKs unbuildable with Linux ones
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD symbion.zaytman.com 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #1: Sat Apr 5 21:43:40 EDT 2008 root at symbion.zaytman.com:/usr/obj/ibm/src/sys/SYMBION i386

	The native JDK-ports are supposed to build using any other
	already installed JDK such as diablo, linux, or an earlier
	version of the natively-built JDK (of which diablo is an
	"official" example).

	I discovered some time ago on 6.3/amd64 and am now confirming
	on 7.0/i386, builds using the Linux JDKs fail with misterious
	core-dumps by the (Linux) java and/or javac.

	It is likely, that the problem is not with Java, but with
	the Linuxulator. However, there is no PR-category for
	"emulation" yet :-)

>How-To-Repeat:

	Remove all JDK and JRE packages installed. Install the
	most recent linux-sun-jdk15. Try building native jdk16.

>Fix:

	Build the JDK using the "diablo" binaries.