Current and diablo-jdk

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:56:12 PDT 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 10:49:13AM +0200, Zahemszky Gabor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can diablo-jdk run on 7-CURRENT (with compat6x libraries, of course) ? If I
> remember well, I can run java on my machine formerly, but not now. I can
> run some trivial, command-line only command (eg. java -version), but not a
> command with graphical output. I tried tonipoint-viewer (a Java-based
> PPT-viewer), and some other not too big, but graphical Java-based
> application, but it doesn't do anything. I can see a window border for a
> very short time, and after it stops. No core, no anything. The command
> returned.
>
> Can anybody help me?
>
> Zahy < Gabor at Zahemszky dot HU >
>
> PS: I use a very recent CURRENT (from yesterday morning now, and GENERIC
> kernel, without any modification)

I very much doubt that any X11 application from RELENG_6 may work on
CURRENT after gcc4 import with native X11 libraries and misc/compat6x.
The reason is that gcc now links the libc for the shared libraries, in
particular, for libX11 etc due to symbol versioning. As result, you end
up with both libc.so.6 and libc.so.7 in the same address space, that
cause all funny effects.

On the other hand, diablo jdk functionality is enough to build
java/jdk15 and java/jdk16 ports, that work good enough for me.