mysql-connector-java-5.1.5

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Sun Oct 14 13:43:58 PDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 08:40:37PM +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Greg Lewis wrote:
>
> > What errors do you get compiling the JDBC 3.0 version with jdk16?  Is it
> > source incompatibility or is it incompatibilities in the JDBC classes
> > between jdk15 and jdk16?
>

> It's mostly along the lines of:
>
> foo is not abstract and does not override abstract method bar()
>
> Build log attached.

Thanks.  So the problem is incompatibility between the JDBC classes.
Which you sort of expect with a major version bump.  I was hoping
'-source 1.5' would fix it, but not in this case.

Ouch.  That leaves you little choice except to install the distributed
JAR unless you want to have to maintain your own JDK dependencies
independent of bsd.java.mk.

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com