JDK6 bug

Ben Upsavs ben at idataconnect.com
Sat Nov 3 06:15:17 PDT 2007

I just tried JDK6 patchlevel 2 and the showstopper for me was that if
I have a web page using JSTL and I add a tag such as this:
<fmt:formatNumber value="${someNumber}" type="currency" /> the number
will not be formatted as currency. Even if I specify <fmt:setLocale
value="en-US" /> above the formatNumber tag, the results are no
different.

I always see a result of the value I am trying to format, with one
decimal place, and no currency symbol. e.g. 123 becomes 123.0 instead
of $123.00