fresh install on -CURRENT?

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Wed Jun 27 21:03:13 UTC 2007

Robert Huff writes:

>  ERROR: Your BOOTDIR environment variable does not point
>         to a valid Java 2 SDK for bootstrapping this build.
>         A Java 2 SDK 5.0_12 build must be bootstrapped using
>         J2SDK 1.4.2 fcs (or later).
>         Apparently, your bootstrap JDK is version libz.so.3
>         Please update your ALT_BOOTDIR setting and start your build again.

	Never mind - had some bogus stuff on the ldconfig path.
	Anyway: jdk1.5p12 has built and installed.  I haven't tested
with anything, but nothing blows up when I type "java" at the
command line.  (Baby steps.)
	I'll be back if anything goes wrong.
	Thans to everyone for the effort and the help.  We seem to have
a winner.

				Robert Huff