SAX problems with server VM with patchset 6

Nick Johnson freebsd at spatula.net
Sun Jul 29 22:50:04 UTC 2007

Recompiling the JDK with gcc 3.4.6 made the problem go away.

I guess the moral of the story is if you see strange behaviour from one VM
or the other, and you've compiled with gcc 4.2, that might be the reason
why... and you may need a recompile with gcc 3.4.

Unfortunately I lack the technical knowledge of gcc and the jvm to even
begin to speculate as to why this particular problem appeared.

It could also just be some bizarre fluke of the way the compile went the
first time and any recompile may have similarly resolved the problem.  I
am not, however, particularly inclined to burn another 2:11:14 compiling
again to test this hypothesis.

--
"Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being
 afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."