java/jdk16 testing possible?

Mark Evenson mark.evenson at gmx.at
Mon Jul 23 08:49:48 UTC 2007

It looks like their is an imminent public release [1] of the start of a
Java 6 port.

Any way I could get an (unsupported) download of the current ports
files?  Last week, a project introduced an unexpected (and unwanted)
dependency on Java 6 which is (obviously) unsupportable on my FreeBSD
servers at the moment (my work is "research" and not production, so
"just running" is often quite enough for my needs).

I would like to spend a little time with the provisional java6 port to
see if I can plausibly use it by the end of August.  I would not take
the private release of the ports files as a promise of support or
timeliness in any manner.  I simply want to see if it would be at all
plausible to use java/jdk16 in the near future on FreeBSD in its current
state.  Or if I should break out the OpenSolaris DVD. . .

Thanks for any reply,

[1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=114510

--
<Mark.Evenson at gmx.at>

"[T]his is not a disentanglement from, but a progressive knotting into."