Linux JDK-1.5.0_12 (i386) unusable on amd64

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 11 07:55:15 UTC 2007

> >I'll try it on 6.2-RELEASE-pmumble to make sure its working there.
> >
> >FWIW, I've had reports that linux-sun-jdk15 has been broken on
> >-CURRENT/amd64 since around December, so MFC'ing changes may not
> >actually improve the situation.  Can you try it on current to see
> >if it works for you?
>
> Regarding current it is important to know if this is with the default
> 2.4 linux emulation, or with the 2.6 linux emulation.
>
> Apart from that Roman knows about some thread "limitation" which hits
> us here (I let him comment upon this), and AFAIR the JDK also tries to
> use epoll which is not available yet... but I may misremember about
> the last part.

well.. I know about some problem with pthread async thread cancelation. I think
its related to the jdk brokeness with linux2.6. I hope to finish all my SoC
duties "soon" and spend the rest of the SoC time hunting down bugs like this.

if anyone want help:
   www.vlakno.cz/~rdivacky/pthread.c

this program does crashdumps with 2.6 emulation. I'd be very glad if someone can help
me with this. I slightly investigated this and it crashdumps on signal delivery (pthread_cancel
is actually a signal delivery) so I guess something with stack or so is wrong...

havent had the time to investigate further

help is welcome!

roman