commons-daemon port and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Mon Jul 9 11:56:54 UTC 2007

Hello,

As posted in another thread I made a simple port of the jakarta project
commons-daemon.
Commons-daemon consists of an executable 'jsvc' which links java and
starts the application use an API defined in commons-daemon.jar.

Everything compiles and runs almost. I only have one problem.
It exists with this error.
'Error occurred during initialization of VM
Unable to load native library: Shared object "libjvm.so" not found,
required by "libjava.so"'

The jsvc programma forks itself and the child gives this error.
If I first set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386:/usr/local/diable-jdk1.5.0/jre/lib/i386/client
and then start jsvc everythings works ok.

How can I make the jsvc-child find the same libs as its parent. Truss
shows that the parent finds the libs without LD_LIBRARY_PATH set.

Cheers,

Ronald.

--
  Ronald Klop