Where to edit the /usr/local/bin/javavm script

Mark Gordon hmgordon at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 11 11:46:23 PDT 2006

Hi All,

This is a simple question and I apologise in advance for posting it.
Nearly all of my Java experience has been gained in the Windows
environment.

I came across a possible solution
(http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-java/2006-April/005212.html)to
a problem I too was experincing. What I want to know is where in the
/usr/local/bin/javavm script file do I add the jvm argument
-XX:+UseMembar?

Once this file has been edited and saved do I need to restart the BSD
box or are the arguments added the next time I run a java program?

In case you ask I'm using FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE and the Java build version
is this Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
diablo-1.5.0-b00)

Many thanks in advance,

Mark
--