java/103051: authenticateUser not found

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Mon Sep 11 09:50:37 PDT 2006

The following reply was made to PR java/103051; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Greg Lewis <glewis at eyesbeyond.com>
To: Bruce Burden <brucegb at realtime.net>
Cc: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq at caraldi.com>, freebsd-java at freebsd.org,
        freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: java/103051: authenticateUser not found
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:49:44 -0700

 On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 10:05:24PM -0500, Bruce Burden wrote:
 > On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 12:48:13AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
 > > > The Adaptec Storage Manager is asking for the root password:
 > >
 > > Sorry but I don't see how this is related to FreeBSD ports?  Are
 > > you referring to a specific port?  In what port is this storage
 > > manager available?
 > >
 > 	It is a problem with JAVA not being able to resolve the
 >    reference to authenticateUser, which is why it was reported
 >    against java, and not the Adaptec Storage Manager, which is
 >    NOT a port. But it is a java program.
 >
 > 	Since authenticateUser is NOT in the Adapted supplied
 >    StorMan.jar, it seems reasonable to expect a java implementation
 >    to be able to resolve this, and considering that it is accessing
 >    the password file, it is reasonable to believe that this is a
 >    platform/OS specific implementation.

 So you'd be able to point out the authenticateUser method in the
 JDK 1.5 API docs then?  I'll eagerly await such a reference...

 If you want to spend your time more productively, take a look at the
 stack trace.  It looks like its doing an RMI call, so you might want to
 take a look at your set up in terms of whether all the RMI set up is
 correct.

 Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com