Printing with java under FreeBSD

Kurt Miller lists at intricatesoftware.com
Wed Sep 6 19:02:06 UTC 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 8:31 pm, Nicolas Blais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been developing several applications in Java (diablo-jdk15) and am quite
> satisfied with the result on FreeBSD and other OS.
>
> My only complaint so far is that I haven't had any success printing with Java.
> I'm using CUPS-1.2.2.
> Every little bits of code I find on the net do not work in FreeBSD. Is this a
> known issue? Any workaround?
>
> Here's one small bit of code I've tried to get to work, but throws an
> exception:

Hi,

This works ok for me using cups 1.1.23 on 6.1-release. Printers
get listed and the circle and rectangle are printed without
exception.

Do you have cups-lpr installed? That's required for java
printing with cups. Also make sure the /usr/bin/lp* symlinks
to /usr/local/bin/lp* are still intact, if not reinstall cups-lpr.

-Kurt