diablo-jdk1.5.0 core dumps w/ -current

David Nugent davidn at datalinktech.com.au
Mon Sep 4 04:34:30 UTC 2006

Yamada Ken Takeshi wrote:
>   Recent -current, ca. a week or so causes a crash like below.
> Is it unique to me? or commonly noticed?

Noticed first a few weeks ago in -current.

You would need to rebuild jdk against recent -current libc and threading
libraries to return functionality due to -current's thread libraries
(which have had no version bump yet) being dependent on functionality in
-current's libc.7, but diablo loads libc.6.

As a fast workaround if you just want to get diablo working again, you
should be able to libmap.conf one of the other thread libs instead of
libthr. I don't know how well it works, but others have reported success.