ports/104744: java/berkeley-db installation error

Mikhail Teterin mi+mx at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Oct 24 12:29:39 PDT 2006

вівторок 24 жовтень 2006 15:19, Kay Abendroth написав:
> After some testing, I found that the following little change in Makefile
> works very well for me. Maybe there's something wrong with the client-vm?

There definitely is something wrong -- in the client-vm *of Diablo*... Hence
my original suggestion for reinstalling Diablo and/or building jdk15 anew.

Diablo is the official Java build for FreeBSD, and, I believe, it is only
supported on the exact version of the OS, where it was built (and certified).

If installing the latest one does not solve the problem for you, please,
contact java at FreeBSD.org -- we'd rather have the official Java, that works
with our (soon-to-be) latest stable release (6.2).

> http://www.raxion.net/freebsd/patch/_patch_berkeley-db.txt

Yes, using the server VM is a good work-around. But java/jdk15 works fine
without it, which means, whatever bug you are hitting, it is fixed already.

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=java/104744

Greg! Would you take this PR, please? Thanks!

	-mi