Eclipse 3.2 port (java/eclipse32)

Palle Girgensohn girgen at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 3 03:19:11 PDT 2006

--On fredag, september 01, 2006 19.54.17 -0400 David Sledge
<dsledge at appriss.com> wrote:

> It looks like the safest thing to do is submit the port as java/eclipse32
> and leave the existing java/eclipse port alone. As plugins get updated
> for the new port of eclipse version 3.2 we will eventually be able to
> remove the old port. I plan to submit the PR on Wednesday as I am
> currently away from my FreeBSD computer :( . Thank you for all your
> input, help and testing on this port.

There is a patch release, 3.2.1. Will you consider adding those fixes, i.e.
updating the port to 3.2.1, or is it too late for that? I guess we can
always update the port later.

I just stated, in another mail, that I'd rather see an update of the old
port of eclipse, we really don't need two different ports for eclipse, but
I guess just creating a new port is faster, and will fix existing plugin
ports quicker. Oh well...

/Palle