Is it possible to run eclipse-SDK-3.2.1-linux-gtk on FreeBSD

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Nov 29 00:20:15 PST 2006

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:57:21 +0300
"Alex Pivovarov" <apivovarov at gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried to run eclipse-SDK-3.2.1-linux-gtk on FreeBSD with diablo-jdk
> installed. but on this configuration eclipse is very unstable and crashes
> when I creating a new Java Project
>
> Is it possible somehow to work in eclipse-SDK-3.2.1-linux-gtk on FreeBSD,
> may be I need linux-jdk?

I'm running eclipse 3.2 native with no problem, using
diablo-jdk-1.5.0.07.01_1 . I also have linux-blackdown-jdk-1.4.2_3 installed
for linux-firefox support, but not used in eclipse.

it works really well, with quite a lot of plugins (I'm just playing around with
it atm... though I use PHPclipse quite a bit as well as subclipse, c++ and
usual java stuff...np this far...)

I used to have the same good results with eclipse 3.1 , similar setup.

HIH,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.
If it's there, and you can't see it, it's transparent.
If it's not there, and you can't see it, you erased it.

Warned.