port linux-sun-jdk-1.5.0.07,2

Nuno Vasconcellos caminada at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:06:03 UTC 2006

Hello,

I attempted to install the above package, and received a message prompting
me to download  package jdk-1_5_0_07-linux-i586.bin from Sun website and put
it in /usr/ports/distfiles. However, I could not find that package, and
noticed that Sun is offering a newer package (Update 9) named
jdk-1_5_0_09-linux-i586.bin. But I could not install it because the port
will not recognize the newer package name. Am I correct to think that this
port should be updated?

Taking the opportunity, I would like to suggest you to establish a port for
Sun Jave Runtime Environment (jre-1_5_0_09-linux-i586.bin). I thought it
would be interesting to offer a smaller package with only the runtime
environment rather than the developer kit as I see that some people would
never go into java programming but would still use the jre for navigation in
the Internet.

Thank you for your attention,

Nuno