Eclipse 3.2 port (java/eclipse32)

David Sledge dsledge at appriss.com
Wed Nov 8 06:25:37 UTC 2006

> > 	Given that mozilla/mozilla is a dead branch, wouldn't a better
> > question be "When are things going to be updated to understand
> > mozilla/firefox and mozilla/seamonkey?"?  I understand this is not a
> > trivial process ... on the other hand Firefox has been out for how
> > many years?
> >

> true, i stand corrected :)... but this change would be an overall 'eclipse'
> change, rather than a 'eclipse under freebsd' issue. Hence what I was
> suggesting , simply to have the moz binaries needed installed via the port just
> to keep eclipse happy....

I am trying to find a way to make eclipse work with firefox, of-course I will take as much help as I can get :). I found the comment below on the eclipse site (SWT FAQ). I am looking at the firefox port now to see how it compiles.

* Firefox can be used with Eclipse 3.1 and newer (Linux only), provided that it has been compiled with linkable Gecko libraries. It is important to note that Firefox downloads from mozilla.org currently do not satisfy this criteria, but Firefox installations that are included in major Linux distributions often do in the absence of a XULRunner installation. Attempting to use a statically-linked Firefox install will display the error message "No more handles [NS_InitEmbedding...error -2147221164]".
* XULRunner can be used with Eclipse 3.2.1 and newer